EMEC Machine Tools is looking for proven Area Sales Managers to join our sales team. The firm’s products are high quality CNC machinery from Japan, Germany and the UK.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and building relationships with our existing CNC machine tool customer base as well as developing new business opportunities in our Ontario office.
Experience in sales of machine tools, particularly to the automotive, aerospace, mold and die and industrial markets is highly desirable. The individual will bring to the position high credibility through proven track record of performance, and who brings inside knowledge, energy, and enthusiasm to their new job.
The individual is accountable for account development, and developing and maintaining strong customer relations with their territory. The individual’s collaborative nature will help you succeed when coordinating with internal departments, our builders and suppliers. If you are a results-oriented individual who is an unyielding prospector who will seek out and close new business while maintaining existing relationships, we welcome the opportunity to discuss your desire to establish yourself in a career with EMEC.
This full-time position is located in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Machine Tool Industry and all products and service sold.
- Successfully selling CNC machine tools and value added services by reaching or exceeding company goals.
- Responsible for identifying customers needs and solutions and maintain face to face time with customers/prospects.
- Managing critical projects through installations and ensuring optimal customer satisfaction,
- Responsible for prospecting via phone, and drop ins of new potential customers within the territory.
- Maintain a strong teamwork relationship with all internal departments. (Service/Engineering/Admin/Parts/Sales)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our builders and suppliers.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the customer database using EMEC’s web-based CRM software. (Lead Management, Sales Forecasts, Call Activity, Follow Up Plans etc)
- Actively attends/participates in product training seminars
- Experience within the Machine Tool Industry
- Experience in the position of Area Sales Manager.
- Must have a strong mechanical/technical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, such as collaboration, listening, respect and work ethic, which leads to lasting and trusting relationships with team members and customers.
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Proven negotiation skills and demonstrated problem solving and decision making.
- Familiarity with web-based sales software.
- Strong initiative, competitive drive and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrated application of basic computer skills. (Outlook, Office, Excel etc)
- Ability to travel by automobile and air plane.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus commissions